Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Winter Ice...

This morning, we awoke to a world of frosted ice. I'm not sure what the meteorological cause is (fog that froze to the ground?), but this afternoon I grabbed the camera and tried to take some photos. A good deal of the frosty ice on the trees had disappeared by then, but enough remained to take some photos around town. It was kind of a foggy, overcast day. Not much color at all. The following photos are in color, though on a couple I played with increasing the saturation.


This observation tower is behind our house on the hill...
...part of the Plummer House...


Another view of the "sniper-tower" as some call it...


A line of trees...


The IBM employees park...


A line of frosted trees...


Where I work...


More Assisi heights...


Trees frozen in place at Assisi Heights...


The sky was not blue...
...I cranked up the saturation so you could see some contrast...
...notice the cellular tower at Assisi Heights...